Starfish painting


I made this painting before I started my blog.
So, I didn't make any pictures of the process but it's fairly easy.

Hobby Lobby has sales on the canvas frequently and I'll always pick a few of different sizes up.

Pick a few colors you love!
Let the colors dry in between coats.
Streak colors on going in one direction.

If you want to blend colors together apply next color while still tacky.

Buy a bottle of mineral texture medium.
I drew the outline of a starfish on my canvas with a pencil then applied texture heavily. 


After it has set but still tacky use something small and pointy and push pin work for me and poke tiny holes in the starfish for detail.

Let dry a few days. 
Then apply a gloss to seal! 

-mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I heart comments!

Popular Posts